« Home | Memorial » | The Origin of Love » | Slightly Unexpected » | Νόστοι » | Bring out your dead...not all at once please. » | On Weddings » | Rastenfeld (circa 1253), the dullest place on earth » | New Years Resolutions » | Thanksgiving » | A Hasty Departure »

Frustrations

You know, what the %*&@ is up with these enchantment triggers anyway? What, have I stumbled into my own personal odyssey? Do I need to complete certain tasks in order to get home? Oh, oh! I know, maybe I have to expend more precious mana saving ungrateful townsfolk from the living dead!

Why is it that helping people, or solving puzzles, or slaying some big baddy is always the main method to completing a quest anyway. Couldn't I just complete a quest by snuggling up to my wife in our warm bed? Or how about fulfilling my odyssey obligations by eating cucumber-sandwiches with friends? Just once, it would be nice to pick a rose by the roadside and then hear: ding ding ding ding; "Congratulations Rowane de'Dannan, you've completed your task. Time to go home!" But noooooo, everything always have to be so bloody hard.
There has to be something more then my misspelling that's keeping me from going home. Especially if MoiraGwyn is walking Legend again. Is there some higher power bouncing me about in time?
I've still been preforming the rituals, I still appease the gods, so who did I piss off?
Posiden had Odysseus and Juno had Aeneus. I want to know, what god is making me their bitch?

So yes, I'm a little frustrated as you can tell. I've done a good job at keeping a low profile though and I've concluded that drinking is doing nothing to trigger the enchantment. The town of Tombstone is another magic-forsaken place and I estimate that thanks to my time in Rastenfeld I've depleted over half of my mana reserves and lost a fair amount spelltools. That $%^&@ satchel! I suppose summoning Epimethius was worth it though. I haven't seen that big lug in since I left. And he did turn out to be instrumental in killing the real necromancer. He was still crying on the road out of Rastenfeld when the enchantment activated, and probably still there blubbering until my charm dissipates. The poor big guilt-ridden softy. Shame I can't spare the mana to summon him again.

It's strange how the more your setting changes, the more your mind starts searching for the familiar. I saw a wanted poster today of a fair haired woman who looks just like someone I used to know.

You're someone's bitch? Amusing.

However, you need to find out what it is that's required of you so you can't get. Home. As. Soon. As. Freaking. Possible.


And who was she? This familiar looking woman?

It's hard to make out the face, fair hair, and blond. Basically the poster says:
Wanted:
Misery Sue
Notorious Bank Robber
& Jewel Thief
Alive or Dead

The only jewel thief I've known was Ruby, and he was a guy.
Going to try and avoid banks.

This comment has been removed by the author.

*mourn Odysseus and Aeneas*

A rose, Autumn, a ROSE! Not nose, you silly goose!

Post a Comment