« Home | Rastenfeld (circa 1253), the dullest place on earth » | New Years Resolutions » | Thanksgiving » | A Hasty Departure » | Fey Promises » | Career Changes "not" in order » | War and Fate » | "Can I see your book?" Sure--I mean NO » | Introductions to the Alliance » | The Land of Nod »

On Weddings

All the weddings going on lately has brought back more than a few happy memories of my own marital inauguration. Since my search is in a slump with ample time on my hands, and the Hermetic Index to peruse (a most dangerous combination), I checked to see if I could call up my wedding all those decades ago. And as luck would have it, the Index behaved.
Now beware when looking at the contents, as the sight of me young may arrest the senses.
MoiraGwyn and I were married on Circe's isle by Hermes himself. As you'll see, I was just a young King at the time, in fact I had only gained the title a few months before. You'll also see a young couple full of promise and the faces of many an old friend. For whatever reason, the perspective of the wedding is seen through Boreas' eyes, an old friend in the Hermetic Order. She must have placed it into the Index before she disappeared to destinations unknown.
~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
THIS IS AN EMERGENCY MAGICAL MISSIVE FROM ROWANE DE'DANNAN
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Understand now why no mention of Rastenfeld. Plague only beginning.
Gathered survivors. Must find source. Hades damn all zom-


*MAGICAL MISSIVE TERMINATED AT SOURCE*
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
WE NOW RETURN YOU TO YOUR REGULARLY SCHEDULED POST
~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
The wedding had added significance because Oonagh of the Seelie sidhe, recognized Moiragwyn as a fellow royal of a sidhe clan. Since my da's confirmed disappearance by the major sidhe clans , and the subsequent "King-ing" of my title from Prince, MG had been feeling, well...a bit unworthy. She was by all accounts a humble druidess. She was a queen of nature, a forest was her palace, but in all the talk about royalty, she didn't know where she stood with me. Where she stood of course was in my heart. Titles didn't mean anything to me, though that's easy for me to say considering I was now a bonified King, never mind that I grew up in backwater Ithaca and that I wanted little to do with my father's dead clan.
With Oonagh's recognition, MoiraGwyn joined me as my queen and queen of the Bri Leith sidhe, all one of us. She slipped into her new role like Cinderella into her glass slipper; a perfect fit. She was graceful and congenial, all the things that made her a perfect druid also made her a wonderful queen.

That is too stinking cute! And who are all those old people? Any luck finding your wifeywife?

Post a Comment