« Home | The Land of Nod » | Back in the swing of things » | Uncle Rowane » | A Bit(e) of Bad Blood » | The Timeline » | The Skirmishes »

Introductions to the Alliance

I learned two days ago that another clan has formed seemingly in direct opposition with our order. They’ve taken the name, Alliance. I know their leader well, a man by the name of Meue. We both served under Freaky in the Broken Angelz. Frankly, it puts me on edge. I’ve never seen someone better with a rifle than Meue; he has this stoic composure when he fights, and he is utterly relentless, never giving an inch. It’s an awesome sight to see when you’re not on the receiving end.

I didn’t know what to make of the news until yesterday, when in Salem I was blinded by a teenie-bopper witch named Tina. She had been a clever one and had struck invisible. I followed her trail to an intersection where Meue, Geraden, and Tina were waiting. I attacked Tina and kept a watchful eye on Meue, but he just looked on, with his cold eyes fixed on me.

I felt exuberance. Normally when I fight, I’m focused on nothing more than staying alive, but the feeling was different. There was something familiar about it. I’ve never fought Tina before as far as I can remember, and I’m pushing onto 60 years old, but nevertheless, there it was: Déjà vu.

But déjà vu doesn't cloud my judgement. My options for fighting were limited. With all three of them in the same room, I couldn’t cast blinding flash; anyway, casting magic isn’t the best idea in Salem. So I fled my olive-skinned butt out of there. I confirmed later that Tina was in the Alliance so I was right to not press my luck.

The next day in Tudor, I overheard a few peasants talking about a new merchant in town, with a “cold-eyed” stare. Meue had tracked me. In the Angelz, he loved disguises, slipping almost seamlessly into the town's populous, before springing a trap on a target. So I decided to strike first. The moment he entered, so quietly that if I hadn’t cast detect hidden he would have had the drop on me, I ordered my titan to attack. He fled, I followed, locked in him a house, and proceeded to beat the stuffing out of him; again that same sense of familiarity came over me as we fought in that house. I or someone before me had done this before.
When it was done, I looked down at the beaten body of a former comrade. I knew then that this was only the beginning.
I think I’m getting too old for this.

A former comrad...

...

Treachery...

One moment you're all friends, the next you're fighting. Wrath overtakes you all. Wrath and Vanity.

Not that there is anything wrong with that, mind.

*grin*

If he'd only just read the Book, all this bloodshed could be avoided.

Pride....


*smirks*

Post a Comment