« Home | War and Fate » | "Can I see your book?" Sure--I mean NO » | Introductions to the Alliance » | The Land of Nod » | Back in the swing of things » | Uncle Rowane » | A Bit(e) of Bad Blood » | The Timeline » | The Skirmishes »

Career Changes "not" in order

There's something wonderful and terrible about a blank page. It's got all that wonderful emptyness, like a great promise that's just waiting to be fulfilled. Ah, infinite possebility from simple nothingness.
But, look what happens the moment you stop to jot something down: the endlessness collapses and the finite emerges with every mark on the page and every stroke of your pen. After a minute or two of writing, you look down and instead of the brilliant magnum opus you expect to see, there's only a bit of triffling maunder, an amphigory if you're lucky.

I'm looking now at the Book of Obsidia, and its pages that were once filled to the brim with arcana obscura, bits of prophecy, and recipes for bbq chicken, have now gone bone ivory blank. Even that layer of sickly green patina is gone now and the end result is the Obsidian Order went out with a whimper. A consolation, I suppose, could be that the Alliance has faded away as well; it seems whatever forces that brought us clashing together have lost interest, moved onto bigger and better things, maybe even gone to work their manipulations in other clans, who knows.

I thought briefly about changing careers and become a professional wrestler. It didn't go so well...at all...ouch. I'll leave the career changes to the driven like Terrance. Besides, there's still the matter of getting the ol' doppelganger some conciousness, and for that I am grateful I took good notes from Obsidia's Book.

Mister Rowane! How dare you not get me those bbq chicken recipes from the book!

I don't think wrestling is in the cards for you, either. Maybe you can be a magician?

The ravages of time have not been kind to you, Rowane-sama.

How dare! I am a paragon of male beauty.

[Muse]: a beefcake in spandex brings the Clock crashing down over The Man's
back!

*wannabe snark*

Awwwww Rowane, you can join Dreva and me if you need a job. Not much money in it, but you'll get to travel.

Actually, not much travel either, but you'll get to meet people.

Hrm, maybe I could make balms and...other things. Ah but I do miss the Hermetics.

Man, I never watch television, but when I heard that that guy you fought could actually stick his eyeballs to themselves, I simply had to have it recorded.

No more opium for you my friend.

Hey--! I'm uh, I'm clean. Honest!

. . .

Post a Comment